Is it your passion to hone your skills in shuffleboard? If yes, then you have to make sure that you buy the best equipment to use. You will only be able to play and practice for a long time if you find a top-quality shuffleboard table for sale. Here are some tips on how you can choose the best shuffleboard table for you.
For a shuffleboard table, the regulation size is 22 feet long and 20 inches wide. However, not many people have houses that could fit this big equipment. If you don't mind the regulation size, there are still various selections for you to choose from, differing in size. It comes in lengths of 8, 9, and 12 feet, all with a width of 20 inches. These smaller sizes are much easier to deal with, and it comes in two parts, which means installing it would be fast.
2. Moisture and Sunlight Levels
Other than considering the size of the table and the room it will go in, you need to make sure that the area it is in has the least amount of moisture. Also, sunlight can dry out the table or even bleach the wood, so make sure it does not come in contact with sun rays.
There are many ways that a shuffleboard table could become damaged. However, if you choose one that consists of high-quality materials, then you could lengthen the lifespan of your game equipment. For those who want to get an outdoor shuffleboard table, then it is much more essential to pay attention to its materials.
- You will want to get one that is made of harder wood, such as birch, hard maple, mahogany, or oak. These are more resistant to warping compared to other kinds.
- The best thickness measurement would be three inches as it will be less likely to warp due to moisture and temperature.
There are many different types of finishes that artisans have used for shuffleboard tables over the years. Each has its own benefits, but what you need the most is durability.
- Shellac - glossy shine, durable only on a hardwood surface, entails a lot of reapplying
- Lacquer - holds the color of the wood, fast-drying, lacks durability, often needs reapplication
- Epoxy - durable, dries into almost Plexiglas material, not very flexible, not suitable for places with significant temperature changes
- Polyurethane - most popular, can endure temperature changes, may take more damage, more resistant to scratches
These are only a few things that you need to consider when selecting a shuffleboard table. Make sure that you have covered all bases before deciding on one. You can look for suitable shuffleboard table on the internet.