Shuffleboard may seem like a straightforward game to play, but it has a few rules that you need to remember and follow throughout the game. However, almost anyone can enjoy playing shuffleboard, as long as you find ashuffleboard table for sale. Here are the specific rules that you need to know before playing this game.
What you need to do is to get your puck as far across the table as you can. Make sure that they don't land in the gutter, or else your round will not be counted. You can knock your opponent's weight off the table or slide through each one of them. You will only get points if your puck is the farthest of all. Also, the first person to reach 21 points wins the game.
2. What you can and cannot do during the game
- None of the players can reapply wax while the game is going on. However, if a player finds wax in the gutter, then he could reapply on the table during his turn.
- You can walk around the table to examine everyone's position, as long as you don't touch any of the pucks.
- You need to have at least one foot on the ground during your turn.
- If you cannot take your turn in 30 seconds, your opponent will receive one point, or you could lose one point.
There are three zones for you to slide your puck to, but if your weight lands on two different zones, then you do not score any point. For all marks on the table, only the puck nearest the line scores. Those that come in second or further down the list do not get any points.
4. Outdoor Shuffleboard
The rules and equipment foroutdoor shuffleboard are different. You will have to play on a tennis court like surface and use bigger pucks, made of different materials, and push them using sticks. Seven zones will be put together in the shape of a triangle. At the tip, you can get 10 points, 8 points in the next two zones, 7 points in the next two, and the last slot is called a10 off zone. In this off zone, you will lose 10 points.
At the start of the game, each player will receive four pucks. The rules after this are similar to the indoor one. However, if you land a weight on two different zones, the side it is mostly on is the one the scorer will consider. It also does not matter which weight was the farthest. All pucks are counted and tallied. The team that reaches 50 points first wins the game.
If you want to play this game with your friends on game night, you can check our website to find the best shuffleboard table for your needs.